You are here
Our pediatric orthopedic doctors are recognized experts in the field and have the specialized knowledge and training to assess, diagnose, and treat a full range of pediatric orthopedic injuries and conditions.
Pediatric orthopedics is an area of specialized medicine exclusive to the study, diagnosis, and treatment of injuries and conditions in children. A pediatric orthopedic surgeon is a medically trained orthopedist with additional education and training in orthopedic conditions and injuries that plague children and developing bones, muscles, and joints. Some pediatric orthopedists may specialize in the nonsurgical treatments while others may be trained surgeons.
There are several pediatric ailments a doctor can assess, diagnose, and treat, and they include:
- Ankle and foot disorders, such as clubfoot
- Childhood injuries
- Deformities in the spine or limbs, such as kyphosis
- Hip or knee problems, such as hip dysplasia
- Juvenile idiopathic arthritis (JIA)
- Neurological disease
- Pediatric sports or traumatic injuries
- Scoliosis and kyphosis pain
- Spinal deformities
- Sprains and strains
When to Choose a Pediatric Orthopedic Doctor Near You
Suffering from lingering symptoms of bone, joint, or muscle pain can lead to a prolonged or progressive condition or injury for your child. If your child is complaining of any of the following symptoms, it is recommended that you contact a physician near you for treatment:
- Changes in walking pattern
- Discoloration or change in appearance around the area in question
- Experiencing pain beyond the specified area
- Inability to walk or participate in daily activities without pain
- Loss of function, feeling, or sleep
- Noticeable deformities in a limb
- Numbness, tingling, or weakness
- Refusal to use the affected joint
- Severe pain that does not improve with rest
The Pediatric Orthopedic Experts at
Litchfield Hills Orthopedic Associates
Our pediatric orthopedic experts are experienced and skilled in providing expert orthopedic care for adolescent patients. Though many pediatric orthopedic conditions can be treated conservatively without surgery through the use of anti-inflammatory medication, injections, or physical therapy, there are pediatric injuries or conditions that may require surgery. If surgery is necessary for your child, our orthopedic specialists have the advanced training and expertise to perform several advanced surgical procedures and minimally-invasive techniques.
At Litchfield Hills Orthopedic Associates, our orthopedic specialists and staff understand the first step towards reducing your child's pain and restoring their musculoskeletal health is a proper diagnosis to determine the specific cause of their pain. To schedule a consultation with one of our specialty-trained orthopedic specialists to discuss their condition and treatment options, you may request an appointment online or call (860) 482-8539 and be seen in Torrington or Bristol.