You are here
Our foot and ankle podiatrist is a recognized expert in the field and has the specialized knowledge and training to assess, diagnose, and treat a full range of foot and ankle injuries and conditions.
As a synovial joint, the ankle is considered one of the most movable joints in the body. However, with this great flexibility comes susceptibility to injury and pain over time. There are several common ankle conditions and injuries that often occur in the ankle, and they include:
- Achilles tendonitis (medically referred to as tendinitis), or inflammation of the back of the ankle/heel
- Achilles tendon rupture, or an injury that affects the back of your leg
- Ankle arthritis, or pain and stiffness within the ankle joint
- Ankle strain, or an injury that occurs when turning the ankle awkwardly
- Bursitis, or painful inflammation within or around the ankle joint
- Fracture, or a break in the ankle bone
- Osteoarthritis, or degenerative joint disease from wear and tear
- Stress fractures, or small cracks or severe bruising within the bone
- Tarsal tunnel syndrome, or a foot condition that can result from a previous ankle injury
When to Choose a Foot & Ankle Doctor Near You
Suffering from lingering symptoms of ankle pain can lead to a prolonged or progressive ankle condition or injury. If you are experiencing any of the following symptoms, it is recommended that you contact an ankle physician near you:
- Discoloration or change in appearance
- Inability to walk or participate in daily activities without pain
- Loss of function or feeling
- Severe pain or swelling that does not improve with rest or elevation
If you're experiencing ankle pain or discomfort, start your journey to recovery by scheduling an appointment with our ankle expert. For consultation at our Torrington Office or our Bristol Office, simply request an appointment online today or call (860) 482-8539.
The Foot & Ankle Expert at
Litchfield Hills Orthopedic Associates
Our fellowship-trained foot and ankle podiatrist, Dr. Jennifer D'Amico, is experienced and skilled in providing expert care for our foot and ankle patients. Though many ankle conditions can be treated conservatively without surgery through the use of anti-inflammatory medication, supportive shoes, or casts and splints, there are injuries or conditions that may require surgery. If surgery is necessary for you, Dr. D'Amico has the advanced training and expertise in surgical podiatry to perform several advanced surgical procedures and minimally invasive techniques.
At Litchfield Hills Orthopedic Associates, our expert doctors and staff understand the first step towards reducing your ankle pain and restoring your health is a proper diagnosis to determine the specific cause of your pain. To schedule a consultation with our specialty-trained foot and ankle doctor to discuss your condition and treatment options, you may request an appointment online or call (860) 482-8539 and be seen in Torrington or Bristol.