You are here
Our neck doctors at Litchfield Hills Orthopedic Associates, located in Torrington and Bristol, are recognized experts in the field and have the specialized knowledge and training to assess, diagnose, and treat a full range of neck injuries and conditions.
Separating our heads from our torsos, the neck, or cervical spine, provides a tremendous amount of function as well as support. As a result, our necks are not only crucial to the human body but also vulnerable to injury and pain:
- Arthritis, or cervical osteoarthritis, which is a degenerative joint condition from aging or wear and tear that causes pain and stiffness
- Cervical herniated disc, or a tear in the soft disc between vertebrae pressing on nerves in the neck
- Cervical spinal stenosis, or the narrowing of the spinal canal
- Whiplash, or strained muscles in the neck
When to Choose a Neck Doctor Near You
Suffering from lingering symptoms of neck pain can lead to a prolonged or progressive neck condition or injury. If you are experiencing any of the following symptoms, it is recommended that you contact a back, neck, and spine specialist near you for diagnosis and treatment that may or may not include surgery:
- Discoloration or change in appearance
- Experiencing pain beyond the neck area
- Inability to participate in daily activities without pain
- Loss of function or feeling
- Numbness, tingling, or weakness
- Severe pain that does not improve with rest
If you're experiencing pain or discomfort in your neck, start your journey to recovery by scheduling an appointment with our expertly trained neck doctors. For consultation at our Torrington Office or our Bristol Office, simply request an appointment online today or call (860) 482-8539.
The Back, Neck & Spine Experts at
Litchfield Hills Orthopedic Associates
in Torrington and Bristol
Our fellowship-trained neck doctors, Dr. Lane Spero and Dr. Bassem Abraham, are experienced and skilled in providing expert care for our back, neck, and spine patients. Dr. Abraham offers an array of the latest interventional treatments and procedures for orthopedic and nerve-related neck pain and problems. Though many neck conditions can be treated conservatively without surgery through the use of anti-inflammatory medication, physical therapy, or injections, such as epidural and facet injections, there are neck issues that may require neck surgery. If advanced surgery is necessary for you, Dr. Spero has the training and expertise to perform several surgical procedures and minimally invasive techniques for the back, neck, and spine including:
- Cervical disc replacement
- Minimally invasive spinal fusions
- Robotic-assisted cervical procedures
At Litchfield Hills Orthopedic Associates, our expert doctors and staff understand the first step towards reducing your neck pain and restoring your health is a proper diagnosis to determine the specific cause of your pain. To schedule a consultation with our specialty-trained neck doctors to discuss your condition and treatment options, you may request an appointment online or call (860) 482-8539 and be seen in Torrington or Bristol.