You are here
Our foot and ankle podiatrist is a recognized expert in the field and has the specialized knowledge and training to assess, diagnose, and treat a full range of foot and ankle injuries and conditions.
From our earliest days, humans have suffered from foot pain because of our bipedal nature to walk on two feet. As such, foot pain has long been treated by medical doctors for several common conditions and injuries including:
- Arthritis, or pain or stiffness in the foot
- Bunions, or abnormal enlargements of the big toe joint
- Diabetic foot care, or the foot conditions that can result in diabetics
- Flatfoot, or a lowering of the arch
- Gout, or a joint swelling disease
- Hammertoes, or the flexed downward toe
- Heel spurs, or a bony growth within a tendon or muscle
- Pediatric foot and ankle deformities, or a range of conditions that affects the bones, muscles, or tissues in children
- Plantar fasciitis, or a form of tendonitis (medically referred to as tendinitis)
- Trauma, or an unexpected injury to the foot
When to Choose a Foot & Ankle Doctor Near You
Suffering from lingering symptoms of foot pain can lead to a prolonged or progressive foot condition or injury. If you are experiencing any of the following symptoms, it is recommended that you contact a foot specialist near you:
- Discoloration or change in appearance
- Inability to walk or participate in daily activities without pain
- Loss of function or feeling
- Severe pain or swelling that does not improve with rest or elevation
The Foot & Ankle Expert at
Litchfield Hills Orthopedic Associates
Our fellowship-trained foot and ankle podiatrist, Dr. Jennifer D'Amico, is experienced and skilled in providing expert care for our foot and ankle patients. Though many foot conditions can be treated conservatively without surgery through the use of anti-inflammatory medication, supportive shoes, or casts and splints, there are injuries or conditions that may require surgery. If surgery is necessary for you, Dr. D'Amico has the advanced training and expertise in surgical podiatry to perform several advanced surgical procedures and minimally invasive techniques.
At Litchfield Hills Orthopedic Associates, our expert doctors and staff understand the first step towards reducing your foot pain and restoring your health is a proper diagnosis to determine the specific cause of your pain. To schedule a consultation with our specialty-trained foot and ankle doctor to discuss your condition and treatment options, you may request an appointment online or call (860) 482-8539 and be seen in Torrington or Bristol.