You are here
Dr. Lane Spero earned his medical degree at Boston University School of Medicine. He completed an internship in general surgery and his residency in orthopedic surgery at the Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Montefiore Medical Center, in Bronx, New York, and a spine surgery fellowship at Baylor College of Medicine in Houston, Texas.
He served as Chief of Spine and Scoliosis Service at Sound Shore Medical Center in New Rochelle, New York, and has authored professional articles related to spine injury and surgery. He is an attending physician at Bristol Hospital, and he is also affiliated with the University of Connecticut. Dr. Spero is one of the few orthopedic surgeons in the state of Connecticut who performs total lumbar disc replacement surgery.
Dr. Spero is a fellow of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons and is certified by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery.
Education & Training
- Bachelor of Arts in Biology: Boston University, Boston, MA
- Doctor of Medicine: Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, MA
- General Surgery Internship: Montefiore Medical Center, Bronx, NY
- Orthopedic Surgery Residency: Montefiore Medical Center, Bronx, NY
- Spine Surgery Fellowship: Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American College of Surgeons
- Connecticut Orthopaedic Society
- North American Spine Society
- Litchfield Hills Surgery Center
- The Hospital of Central Connecticut
- Charlotte Hungerford Hospital
- Bristol Hospital
- Middlesex Hospital