You are here
Our joint replacement doctors are recognized experts in the field and have the specialized knowledge and training to assess, diagnose, and treat severe joint injuries and conditions
Joint replacement is a surgical procedure that removes and replaces the damaged areas of the joint and replaces it with a metal, plastic, or ceramic prosthesis or implant. Joint replacement surgery is performed by an orthopedic specialist otherwise known as a joint replacement surgeon. A joint replacement procedure is most often performed on the hip, knee, and shoulder joints. It is also possible to replace other joints such as an ankle, elbow, and wrist; however, those types of joint replacement procedures are far less common.
Joint replacement surgery can help relieve pain and restore function in patients suffering from the following:
- Arthritis, or pain or stiffness in the joint
- Osteoarthritis, or degenerative joint disease from wear and tear
- Previously failed joint replacement procedure (also referred to as a joint revision)
- Rheumatoid arthritis, or immune system disorder
- Trauma, or an unexpected injury
When You're Ready for a Joint Replacement
The following may be warning signs that you may be ready to consult with a joint replacement surgeon regarding your joint pain and potential surgery.
- Conservative treatment options are no longer providing relief
- Inability to continue with daily tasks or decrease in quality of life
- Pain that keeps you awake at night
- Severe pain that does not improve with rest
If you're experiencing chronic pain or discomfort in your joints, start your journey to recovery by scheduling an appointment with one of our total joint experts. For consultation at our Torrington Office or our Bristol Office, simply request an appointment online today or call (860) 482-8539.
The Joint Replacement Experts at
Litchfield Hills Orthopedic Associates
Our joint replacement experts are experienced and skilled in assessing, diagnosing, and recommending a surgical course of treatment for your joint-related pain. When conservative approaches to joint care, such as anti-inflammatory medication, injections, or physical therapy, fail to offer you continued relief, our medical providers may recommend joint replacement surgery. There are a number of joint replacement surgeries that are available with varying recovery and rehabilitation expectations, including:
- Anterior hip replacement
- Hip resurfacing
- Partial knee replacement
- Reverse total shoulder replacement (also referred to as total shoulder arthroplasty)
- Total hip replacement
- Total knee replacement
- Total shoulder replacement (also referred to as total shoulder arthroplasty)
At Litchfield Hills Orthopedic Associates, our orthopedic specialists and staff understand the first step towards reducing your joint pain and restoring your health is a proper diagnosis to determine the specific cause of your pain. To schedule a consultation with one of our specialty-trained orthopedic specialists to discuss your condition and treatment options, you may request an appointment online or call (860) 482-8539 and be seen in Torrington or Bristol.