You are here
Litchfield Hills Surgery Center (LHSC), an extension of surgical service from Litchfield Hills Orthopedic Associates, is celebrating its 14th anniversary. Established in 2005, LHSC continues to provide successful surgical outcomes for area patients from all walks of life today. The state-of-the-art, accredited ambulatory surgery center is located at 245 Alvord Park Road, Building B, in Torrington. Patients in need of bone, joint and muscle care are encouraged to call Litchfield Hills Orthopedic Associates at (860) 482-8539 for consultation.
LHSC is a modern facility offering one-day, outpatient orthopedic surgery and procedures, including hand, wrist and elbow surgery; knee surgery; shoulder replacement; hip arthroscopy; rotator cuff surgery; foot and ankle surgery; partial and total knee replacement; cervical fusion; and lumbar laminectomy and discectomy.
LHSC’s fully-equipped operating and procedure rooms provide patients with the latest technology and equipment, and their services also include advanced postoperative pain management. With 14 years of history and successful patient outcomes, LHSC today takes on approximately 1,300 – 1,400 cases per year, has an extremely low infection rate at less than one percent and maintains an exclusive focus on specialized orthopedic surgical services.
“Litchfield Hills Surgery Center is a state-of-the-art, modern, and spacious ambulatory surgery center that provides our patients with high-quality, comprehensive patient care for their surgical needs,” says Dr. Lane Spero of Litchfield Hills Orthopedic Associates. “Our facility’s fully-equipped operating and procedure rooms provide patients with the latest technology and equipment as well as excellent preoperative and postoperative care from our highly trained and skilled group of surgeons, nurses and support staff.”
Services offered at LHSC include:
- Arthroscopic surgery: Knee, hip, shoulder, elbow, wrist and ankle procedures are most commonly performed with this technique.
- Comprehensive spinal care: Back pain is one of the most common reasons people seek orthopedic care. LHSC’s surgeons specialize in surgery for the lumbar and cervical discs of the spine as well as outpatient lumbar and cervical surgery.
- Foot and ankle surgery: LHSC offers a wide variety of advanced foot and ankle procedures, including limb lengthening and reconstruction for arthritis, flatfoot, fractures and pediatric foot and ankle deformities.
- Hand, wrist and elbow surgery: Complex and comprehensive surgeries are performed for tendon repair, carpal tunnel, joint arthroscopy and traumatic injury care.
- Joint surgery: Joint surgery can restore a pain-free life for people suffering from arthritis or injury to a joint, including the knee, hip, shoulder, elbow, wrist, ankle or fingers.
- Spinal injections: A common nonsurgical treatment option for many forms of low back pain and leg pain.
All specialty-trained surgeons at LHSC are board-certified and/or fellowship-trained in their areas of specialty. This includes board-certified, fellowship-trained hand surgeon Dr. Douglas Wisch; board-certified, fellowship-trained spine surgeon Dr. Lane Spero; board-certified, fellowship-trained sports medicine, shoulder and elbow surgeon Dr. Leigh Brezenoff; board-certified orthopedic surgeon and joint replacement specialist Dr. Frank Pompo; and fellowship-trained, board-eligible foot and ankle surgeon Dr. Jennifer D’Amico.
“Our staff provides an atmosphere of compassion and understanding for each and every patient,” says Dr. Spero. “We take great pride in providing for our patients’ care and comfort and make every effort to ensure that their experience with us is a warm and personal one.”
LHSC is certified by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, accredited by the Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care (AAAHC) and licensed by the Connecticut Department of Health.
To learn more about Litchfield Hills Surgery Center or to schedule an appointment at Litchfield Hills Orthopedic Associates, please call (860) 482-8539 or request an appointment online.